Thursday, October 28, 2010

Visual Arts Process Photos




3rd Picture was flipped due to blog issues.


























When i was first starting on my painting i created an outline of the main features of my painting. Using line (the element of design) i was able to clearly see where i needed to paint. As i was painting i wanted to keep a darker value near the right side of my painting. The mountain in the back appears lighter because i wanted to show that it was farther on the picture plane. The colour that i decided to use for the sky is different from my original picture because i wanted a more exciting atmosphere to attract the viewers eyes. One of the skills that i found was useful in my painting was when i decided to do the mountain. I found if i added more paint than usual it almost created a texture effect on the mountain which was affective for the rough rock of a mountain. Another skill that i learned was using colours which you might not always see in places unexpected. This made an interesting effect and my painting seemed less predictable. The ground had space so the viewers eye could focus more on the building in the front of the picture plane.











No comments:

Post a Comment